Welcome to the Helpful Links section of our website.
The following information is intended to assist older adults and caregivers with help on a variety of topics, especially aging-related issues.
- www.roadscholar.org– Adventures in lifelong learning from the world's largest educational and travel organization for adults 50+.
- www.amazon.com– Search for books on life insurance, estate planning and wills.
- www.Health.gov- This site has links to Web sites of a number of multi-agency health initiatives and activities of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and other Federal departments and agencies.
- www.HealthFinder.gov- Provides access to consumer resources concerning healthy living.
- www.ChooseMyPlate.gov- This site can help you to choose foods and amounts that are right for you.
- www.Fitness.gov- Provides information about the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
- www.FoodSafety.gov- This site provides links to government food safety information.
- www.MayoClinic.com- Reliable information for a healthier life from Mayo Clinic.
- www.rescuealert.com- Offers emergency medical alert / alarm systems and monitoring bracelets for seniors and elderly.
Information on Medicare
Prescription Drug Assistance
Information on Social Security
Information and Resources for Caregivers
- www.caringroad.com– Caregiving is an important, challenging and sometimes overwhelming role. At this site you will find a variety of resources to help caregivers find information, services and support.
- www.alz.org/carefinder/index.asp – Visit the Alzheimer's Association CareFinder website for important resource information for caregivers.
- www.caregiverslibrary.org - The National Caregivers Library has an extensive library and resources for caregivers.
- www.wheelchairsabound.com – Online Discounted Mobility Equipment Store.
Locate Nursing Home Facilities and Home Health Agencies
Nursing Facility Checklist
General Information on Aging
Local Information on Aging